Pack Committee Responsibilities
Regardless of the size of the pack committee, these responsibilities must be performed:
Make recommendations to the chartered organization for final approval of pack leadership.
Recruit the Cubmaster and one or more assistant Cubmasters, with the chartered organization's approval.
- Provide adequate and safe facilities for pack meetings.
- Coordinate the pack's program and the chartered organization's program through the chartered organization representative.
- Help with pack charter renewal.
- Help stimulate the interest of adult family members through proper programming.
- Supervise finances and equipment.
- Work closely with the Cubmaster.
- Ensure that all Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts receive a year-round, quality program.
- Complete pack committee Fast Start Training and Basic Leader Training for the position.
- Conduct, with the help of the Cubmaster, periodic training for parents and guardians.
- Cooperate with other Scouting units.
A strong pack committee will have individual members assigned to such areas as record keeping and correspondence, finances, advancement, training, public relations, and membership and re-registration. The pack committee chair decides how the responsibilities should be divided and gives committee members assignments.
Labels: Pack Leadership Roles