- Help the Cubmaster plan and arrange for outdoor activities.
- Arrange for property, fire, and tour permits when required.
- Locate new picnic areas.
- Arrange for safe transportation when needed.
- Plan first aid for emergencies.
- Help Webelos den leaders plan Webelos overnight campouts. Help arrange for equipment, as needed.
- Arrange for Safe Swim Defense implementation for all outings involving swimming.
- Plan outings to help pack and dens qualify for the National Summertime Pack Award.
- Help inform parents and guardians about opportunities for family camping.
- Ensure that at least one adult has completed Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO) (see Chapter 33, "Cub Scout Camping" in the Cub Leader Book) before any pack campout.
- Help promote day camp and resident camp opportunities.
- Be aware of BSA health and safety requirements and see that they are implemented.
- Know and carry out BSA outdoor program policy related to Cub Scouting.
- Review all activities to ensure that unit leaders comply with BSA policies in the Guide to Safe Scouting.
Labels: Pack Leadership Roles