- Prepare re-registration papers and an annual report to the chartered organization. Secure signatures and registration fees for the coming year.
- Ask the chartered organization representative to submit a charter application and annual report to the chartered organization for approval.
- Arrange for periodic uniform inspections with the unit commissioner. At least a month before charter expiration, also arrange for the annual membership inventory, a uniform inspection, and the annual charter review meeting.
- Help the Cubmaster and chartered organization representative plan and conduct the formal charter presentation.
- Conduct an annual census of boys in the chartered organization for systematic recruitment. Work with pack committee members to promote recruitment plans.
- Visit new families in their homes. Review with them the Bobcat requirements and "Parent Guide" in their son's handbook. Emphasize the part that the family plays in their son's advancement. Stress parent/guardian participation at all pack functions and see that new families are introduced and feel welcome at pack meetings.
- Work with the Cubmaster and pack committee to develop and carry out a plan for year-round membership growth.
- Work with the Cubmaster and pack committee to see -that eligible Tiger Cubs transition into a Wolf den at the appropriate time. -that eligible Wolf Cub Scouts or 9-year-old Cub Scouts transition into a Bear den at the appropriate time. -that eligible Bear Cub Scouts or 10-year-old Cub Scouts transition into a Webelos den at the appropriate time. -that Webelos Scouts and parents or guardians have a smooth transition into a Boy Scout troop.
- Work with the Cubmaster in following up on former pack members who are now Boy Scouts and potential den chiefs.
- Follow up on Cub Scout dropouts to help return them to full, active membership.
Labels: Pack Leadership Roles